The Solar PV Technician is responsible for all preventative and corrective maintenance on all new and existing solar PV plants while making sure that all HSE procedures are followed. The Technician must ensure maximum availability and performance ratio of the solar plant and draft technical reports on all events that take place. The technician will also be required to execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems. Sizes of projects worked on range from 15KW to 1 MW. Client target market is residential and agricultural projects..
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Carry out installation of solar PV systems, including electrical wiring, mounting of inverters and panels, testing, installation of main switches and other standard commercial and residential electrical work,
2. Install, maintain and repair AC & DC electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
3. Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
4. Perform general electrical maintenance.
5. Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components.
6. Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
7. Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
8. Act as site team-leader during installations, ensuring efficient, safe and quality work with adherence to company’s high standard of installation, best practice and regulatory requirements.
9. Conduct site visits to ensure all pre-installation requirements are met.
10. Work directly with staff, contractors, consultants and partners, providing pre/post-sales support, training and advice on solar PV design and installation requirements and standards.
11. Monitor and assess quality of solar PV installations carried out by company installers and contractors, including regular desktop and on-site audits of installations.
12. Identify (e.g. pick lists) products/components required for commercial projects.
13. Remain up-to-date with requirements and best practice relating to solar PV design and installations and implement changes when necessary to ensure installations meet standards
14. Selling Products/Solutions by identifying leads, educating prospects on products through calls, training and presentations, and providing with existing customers with exceptional support.
15. Manage after-sales service for all divisions of the business, including investigating and following up customer performance enquiries and installation warranty claims.
16. Help develop documentation, manuals and best practice guidelines.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Min 3 years Solar PV instillation experience ( instillation, maintenance & repairs)
Exposure to new business development (there will be support and coaching given and leads provided)
Own vehicle required + valid drivers licence.
Above average communication skills in English.
Package & Remuneration
R 15 000 – R 20 000 per month. plus commission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org