Senior Finance Risk & Compliance Manager CA(SA)
Our client is an Independent Power Producer, and one of Africa’s leading renewable energy companies, with an operating portfolio of nearly 500 MW of wind and solar PV projects in South Africa and Kenya.
The person MUST come from mining / Construction / large Infrastructure or the energy sector.
Salary R 1,1M – R 1,3M CTC.
Open to ALL South African ID holders.
This position is responsible for improving business processes, procedures and systems in order to ensure that the correct business and finance controls are in place. This role is responsible for managing and tracking key business requirements such as project debt covenants, all insurance programs and the treasury operations of the Company. This function reports to the CFO, and interacts with all the Head of Departments, Audit Committee and different stakeholders across the Group.
- Chartered Accountant – CA (SA) with 5-7 years’ experience.
- Ideally treasury and risk experience
- IFRS, knowledge required
- Possess strong reporting/ analytical skills with strong business and/ or finance background
- Ability to translate business into finance and vice versa
- Strong communication skills in a matrix setting
- F&A Functional Competency Set
- Influencing business decisions
- Guarding Business Integrity
- Business Led Analysis
- Leads and ensure all compliance and risks matters (incl. ICS/IFRS) are in place for the Group.
- Works closely with Head of Departments to ensure key SLA´s are in place and maintains a full matrix of all financial liabilities & Contractual obligations (together with legal) are in place
- Develops, maps and improves processes to manage risk.
- Installs adequate business controls where needed.
- Drafts and deploys specific policies and procedures (e.g., commercial policies, authorization matrix, Hedging, GBP. etc.)
- Makes sure the Group (incl. Kenya) act according to the company directives.
- Acts as key knowledge holder for Purchasing Processes and Compliance / Risk matters.
- Coordinates internal audits.
- Act as Procurement officer, including the development of the procurement policy that include the non-product, product and community spend.
- Ensure adequate insurance policies are in place, including negotiations.
- Drive lender relationships including loans covenants requirements and treasury operations.
- Have been exposed to tax operation in SA and Africa.
- Liaises with external bodies when and where required and coordinates internal audit processes and ensure all governance matters are in place across all entities (incl. company secretarial requirements).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com