Project Engineer – Renewables
Our client is an IPP with one of their offices being in Port Elizabeth.
- To monitor the effective and efficient running of energy facilities and ensure compliance to contractual agreements, regulations, legislation as well as company policies and procedures.
- To support energy project development and readiness for commercial operation.
- To support readiness and due diligence functions for new operational assets.
Qualification(s) and Experience:
- B Tech / Degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics / Instrumentation;
- Solar or Wind Service Technician course – added advantage;
- 4 – 6 years’ relevant experience in Energy Industry (Generation / Transmission / Distribution);
- Experience in construction, operations and/or maintenance of solar PV projects; project management of energy (solar or wind) projects;
- Experience in other areas within the renewable industry – added advantage.
- Monitor day to day running of the energy facilities and manage the various contractors to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Identify operational priorities and conduct site operations evaluations and inspections.
- Operations processes and Equipment maintenance / assessments.
- Manage operations in line with the structuring of legal and/or commercial arrangements ins support of business objectives.
- Procurement and Contract Management Support.
- Manage operational budgets and operations in line with the structuring of legal and/or commercial arrangements in support of business objectives.
- Risk management, Safety and Compliance.
- Support the company and its shareholder with project development functions (solar and/or wind):
- General technical support;
- Project initiation support and practical guidance;
- Contract definition support (incl. technical specifications);
- Project evaluation and due diligence;
- Readiness for operations.
- Effective Contractor supervision / management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer Literacy (MS Office suite);
- Project management;
- Sound technical knowledge of energy technologies (e.g. turbine specifications, solar PV equipment specifications, electrical balance of plant), SCADA systems in energy facilities, their configuration and set-up, protection systems, power electronics, generators, transformers, etc.;
- Well versed with legal requirements for operation electrical equipment;
- Agility and flexibility; Resource utilization; Business insight/acumen.
Should you not hear back from us within 10 days please understand your cv was not short listed for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org