Based in Cape Town, an international fast paced, company that builds clean energy infrastructure projects throughout Africa is looking for a curious, intelligent, empathetic type of HRM with an entrepreneurial flair.
We’re looking for someone from a high performance type culture, who can wear various hats well, depending on the situation. There is a large amount of autonomy in this role, and taking the initiative and running with the department is paramount to this person succeeding. You’ll be a person that just gets on with it.
To be part of the senior management team you need to be flexible, diverse as the environment consists of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference. Being available to travel and work extended hours when required forms part of this role. Geographical oversite is South Africa, Mozambique and Rwanda.
Can you craft strategies on how to retain talent and attract it? Do you have the ability through engagement to ensure staff buy-in and happy staff overall?
This needs to all resonate with you.
Main responsibilities include
- Management, Leadership and Organizational Development: Ensure implementation and development of the local organisation, leadership and management in country/region.
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Responsible for employer branding in the region and timely recruitment and onboarding of required level and quality of new hires
- Performance Development, Training and Development: Responsible for strengthening a holistic performance and competence driven culture in the country/region, Manage and recommend strategic direction for people development within the country/regional organisation and ensure a motivational climate within the organisation including adequate opportunities for career growth and development
- Compensation and Benefits: Ensure implementation and development of compensation and benefits in country/region based on corporate guidelines and within the thinking of total rewards
- Employee Relations: Promote a diverse, fair and motivational working environment also by taking preventive action and initiative
- Office Management: Coordinate, manage and ensure efficient office and HR administration in SA office and site offices in the region and ensure management of all third party services and service agreements, including relevant rental and lease agreements
- Degree from a leading University
- 10 years in HR & about 5-7 years in management (full function)
- Experience in International companies (reporting internationally, mixed diverse international staff)
- Strong employment legislation knowledge
- Strong leadership skills with a special focus on building teams, develop talents and ability to demonstrate passion and champion company culture
- Very good cultural awareness and excellent communication and people management skills
- Flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Understand and deploys advanced IT systems and tools including products in Microsoft Office.
- Speaks and writes English fluently.
For a confidential exploratory chat, email me …. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com