Bid Lead (Renewables)
Our client is an International IPP that is expanding their team and is looking for a Bid Lead to execute the bid process all the way through to financial close. (This role involves NO origination)
Based in Cape Town, previous co-ordination of large teams at bid phase (20-30 resources at the height of the bid) is required.
Lead renewable energy projects and reporting directly to the Head: Business Development you will be responsible for (i) bidding and / or (ii) financial closing and / or (iii) acquisitions / partnerships across various countries in the sub-Saharan African region, with a focus on South Africa.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Bid preparation: review of the terms of reference, establish resources and planning etc.
- Bid team lead, reporting to the project sponsors
- Analyse work packages in detail and start deciding on resources that will be required to get this thingg done, Project Management, planning, scheduling, having the right resources and designing a strategy on how to win the bid.
- Financial close lead for awarded projects
- Project due diligence lead for acquisitions / partnerships
- Interface with key stakeholders – Present to an investment committee – understand financial tools
- Formulate strategies for steering and investment committees
- Policy and regulatory environment analysis
- Market intelligence
- Have experience leading teams
- Experience should be more than just logistics
- Be the centre of a large, diverse team
- Communicate adequately
- Be able to coordinate large teams
- Should know the market well enough
You have strong project management abilities and a natural team leading personality, backed by the following skills and experience:
- Degree in business or engineering.
- 3-6 years + work experience in a project management / team lead position.
- Experience in large, complex bids.
- Outstanding communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Proficiency in MS Office software and tools.
- Strong experience with financial models.
- Technical acumen and knowledge of power related general topics.
- Lateral thinking aptitude.
- Someone who can operate independently.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com